Braeside Park is a large natural area of 295 hectares in a suburban sandbelt. The park meanders through three very distinctive environments:
· heathlands and
· red gum woodlands.
· walk or cycle along 12 kms of tracks
· picnic in the various picnic areas
· observe birds from the bird hide and viewing platforms
· enjoy the art walls along the Federation Trail, and
· encourage their children to play on the adventure playground,
Braeside Park is an environmental park. To protect native flora and fauna cats, dogs and horses are not permitted.
Park has a 24 hour car park at the entrance to the park from Lower Dandenong
main entry is on Lower Dandenong Road (Melway ref: 88 D8). Another entrance exists in
Governor Rd (Melway Ref: 93 F1).
Braeside Park has excellent access for people with disabilities.
Click here for answers to some frequently asked questions about the park.